Manager Analytical Lab
Nyrstar Balen/Overpelt is part of Nyrstar, an integrated mining and metals business with market leading positions in zinc and lead, and growing positions in other base and precious metals; essential resources that are fuelling the rapid urbanisation and industrialisation of our changing world. Nyrstar has mining, smelting, and other operations located in Europe, the Americas, China and Australia and employs around 7,000 people. Nyrstar is incorporated in Belgium and has its corporate office in Switzerland.
To strengthen the Balen & Overpelt operations, Nyrstar is currently looking for a:
Manager Analytical Lab
(Overpelt – full time - m/f)
- You will be responsible for all operations (people, organization and equipment) in the analytical lab and of the sampling team and this in regard to EH&S, productivity, quality, operational budgets and customer satisfaction.
- You will coordinate all analytical activities in the labs and in the plants and your role will include knowledge management and innovation of analytical expertise within the Nyrstar Smelting network.
- You will monitor and optimize team and individual performance to realize targets and you will manage performance and career development of the team (18 people) to develop the necessary skills and competencies.
- You will achieve the best cost / quality ratio through continuous optimization of the organization with regard to people and equipment.
- You will ensure representative sample taking (economical as well as ecological sampling) on the Balen and Overpelt production sites.
- You will contribute – in the external relations with customers and suppliers - to the Nyrstar image of know-how and quality and You will be the expert in the development and improvement of measurement processes in cooperation with Technology and Operations.
Qualifications / Experience
- Master in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or Metallurgy
- Significant experience in an analytical lab is required
- At least five years of experience in a managerial role and in a similar environment is required
- Fluency in Dutch; spoken and written English is essential
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Leadership skills, managing and coaching people
- Support Nyrstar values of preventing harm, being open and honest, doing as we say, being considerate, and working together
- Influencing skills — ability to persuade a team or peers to move in a desired direction, build relationships, and negotiate effectively
- Pursue high standards of details and performance for self and / or others
- Knowledge of the business and the industry — Understands organizational strategy, competitive strengths, industry dynamics, profit levers, customers, and competitors of your company.
You can recognize yourself for at least 80% in this vacancy?
Then we are awaiting your CV, mentioning vacancy no. 1077 at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel. 016/82 04 82
Contact person: ir. Dirk Sterkendries
Serving the Client by Serving Talent!
Serving Talent by Serving the Client,