Senior Business Engineering & Project Manager
Firestone Building Products is part of the Bridgestone Corporation, the world's largest tire and rubber company. Building upon Bridgestone/Firestone's success and innovation in rubber polymer technology, Firestone Building Products has become a global leading manufacturer of rubber based Roofing and Lining systems for a wide variety of industrial, commercial and residential applications. Quality products, installation expertise and a commitment to provide professional service, backed by the assets of a diversified multibillion-dollar corporation, make it clear why "Nobody Covers You Better" than Firestone Building Products.
Firestone Building Products is quickly evolving from an export model to a global foot-print company and is expanding its global manufacturing capabilities with the construction of a new manufacturing plant in Heinsberg, Germany. The new facility, which will establish a European insulation manufacturing and distribution presence for Firestone, positions the company to better serve the European construction market.
To support the European organization in its growth path, we are looking for a:
Senior Business Engineering
& Project Manager
(Zaventem – full time – m/f)
Purpose of the position:
This position will lead capital portfolio execution, engineering functional excellence and manage large capital projects and manufacturing programs for the International business group within Firestone Building Products Company.
The position holder will manage scope, schedule, and budget for large ( > € 20M ) capital projects and manufacturing programs, and deliver stated project and program objectives, utilizing standard project management tools and working within a Stage Gate capital process. It will require up to 30-40% international travel.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Lead capital portfolio execution and engineering functional excellence for the International business group within Firestone Building Products
- Drive process safety and construction safety for projects and programs managed
- Lead cross-functional teams through a Stage Gate capital process for project development and execution
- Manage Scope, Schedule, and Budget for large capital projects and manufacturing programs ( > € 20M ), and deliver stated project and program objectives
- Investigate new processes, technologies, and equipment to meet business objectives
- Develop and manage detailed project schedules in MS Project or equivalent
- Develop and manage detailed scopes of work and project and program execution plans
- Promote and support the application of the Management of Change (MOC) and Commissioning, Qualification, and Validation (CQV) standards
- Master’s degree in Chemical, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- At least 10 years of project management (planning and execution) experience in the processing industries (building materials, chemicals, paper, etc. …)
- At least 5 years of experience having primary responsibility for managing capital projects in excess of € 20M
- Web handling and chemical processing experience
- Experience working within a Stage Gate capital process
- Strong collaboration, influence and change management skills
- Fluent in English; knowledge of other European languages – especially German – is a plus
Firestone offers you: a global reach of business, a fast growing company (double digits per year) and a competitive remuneration package
You can recognize yourself for at least 90% in this vacancy?
Then we are awaiting your CV, mentioning vacancy no. “1086”at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact: ir. Dirk Sterkendries - tel.: +32 16 82 04 82
Serving Talent by Serving the Client,
Serving the Client by Serving Talent!