Technical Sourcing Engineer
Biocartis is an innovative biotech company that develops versatile molecular diagnostic platforms for low to highly multiplexed detection of molecular-based biomarkers. The ease of use and operational characteristics of these diagnostic platforms will lower the entry barrier to molecular diagnostic testing. The company is based in Mechelen and Lausanne.
Biocartis is a young organization with highly talented people who believe in doing the right thing the right way. They are driven by the challenge of working for a top entrepreneur in the biotech industry that keeps pushing its technology until it reaches a new level. It is an exciting environment, where working hard and having fun are equally important. Respect is the keyword in the organization. Biocartis values the opinion and the input of all its employees and believes in an open culture with lots of communication.
In order to support their Supply Chain organization, Biocartis is looking for a:
Technical Sourcing Engineer
(Mechelen – full time – m/f)
Purpose of the position:
The Technical Sourcing Engineer is responsible for providing technical expertise and for leading technical projects related to bill of material components delivered by the suppliers of Biocartis. This includes, amongst others, the technical evaluation of potential suppliers, technical support in the case of product related issues and product/process improvement projects.
The Technical Sourcing Engineer will also provide project management and operational excellence support to the overall continuous improvement processes being initiated by the Parts and Product Availability team. She/he will take ownership and drive projects to execution.
- Technical project lead of design and industrialization work packages, with focus on plastics. Follow up of suppliers to ensure parts can be reliably produced against material specifications including reviewing process validation activities (FAT, SAT, IQ, OQ, PQ or equivalent processes). Liaising with other stakeholders within the Biocartis organization, such as purchasing, quality and manufacturing
- Creation of design documentation such as engineering change orders, design specifications, verification plans and risk analysis for the Design History File
- Make technical evaluation of potential new suppliers
- Participate in or lead improvement projects
- Supporting the life cycle management of released product including:
- Addressing material obsolescence
- Cost down initiatives
- Qualification of parts from new or alternative suppliers
- Root cause analysis and design changes arising from customer feedback, reliability or technical issues arising as agreed with the senior management team
- Updating of the DHF for any released changes
- Identify product or process improvement opportunities.
- Travel percentage: 10 – 15 %
Profile & Competencies
- A Degree in Mechanical Engineering or an equivalent technical discipline.
- Three to five years’ experience providing technical expertise and leading technical projects preferably in the medical device or plastic moulding industry.
- Experience in the design and development of medical devices or in-vitro diagnostic consumables, precision fluidic pumps, valves, channels and filtering systems, fully automated assembly technologies, including laser and ultrasonic welding and heat staking is an asset.
- Strong project management skills and experience in leading operational excellence initiatives (green belt preferred).
- Time management : Responsible for organizing own time in an optimal fashion.
- Analytical thinking and scientific integrity.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Advanced knowledge of and experience in operational excellence.
- Problem solving and proactive mindset.
- Hands-on and flexible mindset.
- Advanced knowledge, orally and in writing of English; advanced knowledge of Dutch is a strong added value; knowledge of German is an asset.
- Experienced user of 3D CAD; experience with SolidWorks or NX and Team center PDM is an asset.
Biocartis offers you a challenging job in an exciting environment, working for top entrepreneurs in the biotech industry. You can be part of a very dynamic, young and growing team in a highly innovative environment. You will have freedom to shape your work and shape your job and of course Biocartis offers you a fitting compensation package.
You can recognize yourself for at least 80% in this vacancy?
Then we are awaiting your CV, mentioning vacancy no. “1078” at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact: ir. Dirk Sterkendries
Tel. 016/82 04 82
Serving Talent by Serving the Client,
Serving the Client by Serving Talent!